Wednesday, March 10, 2010


I've been going through a tough time lately involving a screaming baby at night and a screaming, constipated toddler during the day (not ALL night or ALL day, but enough to be wearisome). My spring cleaning goals are a bit out the window now as other things take precedent, and that's ok. We'll do what we can, when we can. Meanwhile this post I read on a friend's blog was some encouragement I needed to hear last night. She titled it "Prescription for Contentment" and gave some interesting background, but I'm going to cut to the chase:

*Never allow yourself to complain about anything – not even the weather

*Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else

*Never compare your lot with another’s

*Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise

*Never dwell on tomorrow –remember that [tomorrow] is God’s, not ours

Boy, do I do all of those things. I would love to have this posted in every room of my house as a constant reminder to me. Oh, to dwell on all that God has given me and not on the things that I think I lack.

Quote taken from “Calm My Anxious Heart” by Linda Dillow

Photo Credit



Comments (1)

On March 13, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Bethany Talbert said...

I really like this list as it is so true! I definitely find that as soon as I start complaining or wishing I was somewhere else, my joy goes waaaaaay down. I'm going to venture to stop :)