Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ah... the words that put life back in perspective. I remember after my son was born wondering how long it would be before I would hear that "I love you, Mama" come spontaneously from my child. It was wonderful the first time, and it has been wonderful every time since.

What a privilege it is to get those hugs from grubby hands and kisses from sticky lips. What a treasure to be able to pause and hold my son closely as he declares his love. What joy it gives him to see the happiness on his mother's face. As Mary did, I want to store up these moments in my heart to remember on those days when my boy is either unwilling or unable to wrap his arms around his mom and proclaim, "Everyday I love you, Mama."

Comments (2)

On May 23, 2010 at 4:45 AM , Anna said...

SO precious! I can't believe how big he's gotten.

 
On June 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM , Sarah said...

I couldn't agree more with you! :-) Loved your newsletter that you sent the other day - I think it would be pretty neat to live closer to you guys and get to know you all better. (Just another dream that will have to wait until Heaven!)