Sunday, August 29, 2010

I've been on a bit of a sewing kick this summer. Thankfully, I'm getting over the bug in time for "normal" life and routine to start up. Here's what I've been doing:

I made a "moby" wrap (baby carrier) for my sister from this fabric.


And, because I'm super-excited about becoming an aunt, I made a quilt for my future nephew, too. I refer to this as my first "grown up" quilt. The tutorial can be found here.


A good friend is also expecting her first baby (a boy!), so with extra quilt fabric I made a diaper stacker for her, loosely following the guidelines of this tutorial.


Lastly, we will be heading in to a birthday party in an hour to give a little girl this apron that my son helped me to make and begrudgingly models for you. There are many tutorials online, but I liked this style.


That's what has been keeping me busy and away from blogging (in part) this summer. I still have to make another apron for a birthday next week (it's going to be my standard gift, I think), but after that it is just random projects to get done when I feel in the mood.

Comments (5)

On August 31, 2010 at 10:36 PM , Bethany Talbert said...

You are so creative! And I am so blessed to have been the recipient of the nappy bag holder! I love it and its hanging in a wardrobe awaiting the birth of our baby boy. :)

 
On September 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM , mattnbec said...

Love the material for your sister's baby carrier. Nice to see how the quilt turned out too - good job!

 
On September 4, 2010 at 3:09 AM , Kari said...

May I say publicly that I love these things my sister made for me!!! and I definitely can't wait to actually use them. Thanks Jia Le, sister!!

 
On September 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM , Java with the Johnsons said...

i have to say...i definitely like your quilt much better... eat, sleep, poop, repeat...is really the truth. :)
anyway...wish i could sew more than a straight line...and i wished i liked it. :)
love ya.

 
On September 9, 2010 at 2:34 AM , Karen said...

What great projects... well done! How did I not know that you had a blog. I have enjoyed looking over a few months worth of posts and seeing your cute family and your new life on another continent. Thanks for sharing! Much love!