Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today is my birthday, and I feel like writing down some things I love - in no particular order:

- Rain, hot chocolate and a good book
- Delicate, little flowers
- My children's laughs
- Listening to my husband explain concepts or stories in the Bible
- The smell of rice cooking
- Family adventures exploring nature or new cities
- Chocolate mint bars
- Seeing my baby wake up with a milk moustache after nursing in the night
- Wearing flip-flops
- Going to church
- Chuckling with my husband over our son's crazy antics

- Sunshine
- Line-drying clothes
- Newsy letters from friends
- Fresh bread from my oven
- Nap time
- Hearing my husband coming in the door from work
- Recognizing a change that God has worked in my heart
- Organization, lists and schedules
- Black beans and rice
- Watching children grasp a new concept

The list could go on and on and on...

God has given me so much in life to just enjoy and I enjoy life much more when I keep my eyes open to all I have to be thankful for.

Picture from www.sxc.hu

Comments (2)

On August 6, 2009 at 4:57 AM , Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday, Staci. I was thinking of you on your day and celebrating you. Hope it was great. I'll send you a long, newsy email soon. :)

 
On November 27, 2009 at 5:51 AM , Sherrin said...

Isn't it fun to realise how much there is to enjoy in life! Thanks for sharing your list :)