Thursday, October 22, 2009

A few tips I've learned from a wise woman to run a harmonious household

1. Make the bed. A messy room will look neater with a straightened bed while a perfectly clean room looks a mess if the bed is left unmade.

2. Set the table. Even if you are running extremely late on dinner, the sight of a ready table will give your family hope and patience that the meal is coming.

3. Serve meals that "Daddy" likes. Your children may hate them (liver - yuck!!), but they see their father being valued and prioritized which gives a much more important sense of security.

4. Limit choices. Many discipline and behavioral issues are avoided by not giving small children too many options. As they grow up, they will have plenty of chances to make choices, but when they are small they need to have the stability and consistency of just learning to "obey mommy."

5. Keep the right focus. Start your day in the Word and prayer, and continue the day praising God for the little blessings that pop up.

Photo from http://old-photos.blogspot.com/

Comments (2)

On November 17, 2009 at 6:44 AM , Herb Family said...

Hello - You don't know me...I just stumbled onto your blog and what you wrote about yourself and your values caught my attention. I am a stay at home mom and my main concern is that I be the kind of wife and mother that will bring glory to the Lord. I really appreciate the 5 tips on this post - very helpful. Thanks so much.
Amy

 
On November 17, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Jia Le said...

Hi, Amy! Thanks for your comment. I have been very blessed and encouraged in my role of homemaker by some people's blogs, so it is nice to do the same for others. =) I've always admired my mother and hope to be like her. I know so much of what she's taught me must be ingrained to the point that I don't even recognize it as such. Thank God for those "wise, older women" in our lives!