Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm afraid I find myself slowing down in the blogging endeavors as I get closer and closer to my due date. The reasons are two-fold:

1. I've had a terrible cold - it's just draining me, and I'm praying it will be gone before I give birth.

2. After listening to a good sermon at church that convicted me about time spent on the computer, I am trying to be more scheduled and disciplined about my internet time - even before a baby forces that upon me.

So, please forgive me as I cut back a bit. Or maybe it won't seem like I have since I have prepared some posts for after the baby is born. Either way, it doesn't matter. What is important is keeping my priorities straight.

Meanwhile, if you are doing a mindless task and need something to listen to:

1. Our pastor (Andy Gemmill) is doing a series called "iWise: Gospel Perspectives on the Virtual World." From their main page, click on the Audio option and you can find his past three sermons to download. The one that I referred to is the third sermon: "iKnow: Blogging, Wiki and Revelation."

2. I have enjoyed listening to Dr. Voddie Baucham's "Biblical Womanhood" on YouTube. He has some good reminders for us women about what it means to live as a Titus 2 woman.

Comments (2)

On June 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM , Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

I'll be praying for you! Hope you get feeling better soon.

Thanks for the post. I so love reading your blog, but understand the need to prioritize. Life away from home is so different and I am constantly having to remind myself that the basic priorities don't change: God, husband, children. :)

 
On June 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM , PanJiaLe said...

Thanks, Anna! It's an exciting time, but also a limiting one. I hope you are feeling well and able to keep that balance of extended family and immediate family time. It must be a challenge and a blessing all in one.