Saturday, July 25, 2009

When we moved into our semi-furnished house, we were happy to discover that the couch hiding up in the bedroom was also a pull-out bed. The only problem was its intense pink color. Nonetheless my husband struggled it down the stairs so that we would have SOMETHING in the living room. Our hope was to get it covered eventually.

Well, thanks to fabric donated by my lovely aunt, great sewing done by my mother while she was here and a staple gun loaned from church, it is done (except that I should probably iron it)! I hope that slowly I can decorate the room in brown and teal. Thanks, mom, for the pillows...and all the sewing.

I also discovered that using a staple gun is rather therapeutic and potentially addictive.

Comments (3)

On July 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM , Alison P. said...

Looks awesome! Great work, Kyla! :)

 
On July 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous said...

Staci, the couch looks amazing. So glad that fabric finally covered something! Yay for WALMART!

 
On August 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM , Kari said...

I love the colors...brown and teal...mmm...