Sunday, March 22, 2009

This Tuesday we are finally having our first guest over since moving to the UK!! Rachel is considering teaching overseas short-term with NTM, so I hope to be able to answer any questions she might have about my experiences as an MK.

I'm also trying to learn how to cook parsnips, so they might be on the menu for the next couple of weeks.

Breakfasts/Lunches:


Same-old; same-old.

Dinners:

Monday - Quinoa Tabbouleh, Peaches & Yogurt

Tuesday - Chicken Satay, Stir-fried Vegetables, Fried Tempe and Banana Pudding

Wednesday - Pasta Pomodorra with Ham, Tomatoes & Spinach

Thursday - Fajitas

Friday - Sweet Potato, Ham & Apple with Homemade Brotchen

Saturday - Parsnip Au Gratin??

Sunday - Ham and Cheese Quiche
post signature

Comments (2)

On March 27, 2009 at 10:25 PM , Adrienne said...

I love this book. I read it a few months ago and it was very enlightening. I also enjoyed his somewhat follow up book-In Defense of Food. Also very informative.

 
On March 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM , Adrienne said...

I meant my previous comment to be on a different entry. Sorry.
Anyway, about parsnips. I recently discovered them. If you cut them up with sweet potatoes and then roast them with a little bit of butter and maple syrup, they are pretty good. They are even better if you then top them with streusel topping (butter, brown sugar and oatmeal).