Thursday, April 2, 2009

“Only fear the LORD and serve Him in truth with all your heart; 
for consider what great things He has done for you." 
1 Samuel 12:24

Since coming to England, I've found myself struggling often with contentment.  It has hit me on so many levels.  Wishing we had what we needed to be able to invite people over.  Wishing my husband had a job so that I could buy what I wanted.  Wishing my son would get over this clingy phase.  Wishing we would all stop getting sick.  Wishing I knew what my niche was in this community and feeling the lack of a personal ministry here.  


Moving, getting settled, making friends and adjusting to a new place all take time and many moments of being in limbo. I've found myself chafing under it at times.  God has been working on my heart to remember to be thankful.  He has given us so, so much - above and beyond what we imagined - and my ungrateful discontentment is ugly, sinful and an insult to Him.

I read this verse yesterday and it was a blessing to me.  No matter what I have or don't have, where I am or what is going on in my life, I am to fear God, serve Him with all my heart and keep in my thoughts the great things He has done for me.  It has nothing to do with life's circumstances.  It IS life.  If I truly do live this way, I find my mindset and heart attitude being changed and conforming to His.


Comments (2)

On April 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM , Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Hi Staci-- I'm loving your blog! (and am inspired to start blogging again myself --it's just been one thing after another around here! :)

Thanks for the encouraging post: I too have been struggling the past few weeks with Joshua not being able to find summer work, pregnancy complications and sickness that we just can't seem to get over!

 
On April 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM , Anonymous said...

I can really identify with what you are going through right now. I am feeling the same discontent as we are getting ready to close another chapter in our lives and start a new one.