Sunday, April 19, 2009

I didn't post a menu plan last week because the week before had enough unexpected dinner changes that I was able to carry most of my plans on to this past week.  But, now my pantry is running low and it is time to plan again so that I can be ready for shopping tomorrow.


Breakfasts/Lunches:

Same old; same old  (Except now we have instituted my husband's childhood tradition of having Nutella for Sunday breakfast.  I LOVE that Europeans find it perfectly acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast!)



Dinners:

Monday - Spaghetti on left-over noodles and fried polentta with Vegetables

Tuesday - Chicken soup with My Favorite Rolls (I have GOT to post a recipe of these!)

Wednesday - Red Beans and Rice? (Depending on the price of Polish Sausage)

Thursday - Oven-fried Fish with Oven-baked Potato Wedges and Brussels Sprouts

Friday - Calzones

Saturday - Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Sunday - Egg Sandwiches

Comments (4)

On April 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM , Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Yay for Nutella! Yes--chocolate for breakfast is something that ought to be more accepted here in the states. What better way to start the day? ;) I love the idea of having it for Sunday breakfast.

Have you ever tried Nutta? It's a caramel and hazelnut spread. That and Nutella were the makings of many happy childhood memories in the Faroes.

Oh, and I've been loving your menu plans! I've needed the encouragement to start menu planning again (now that the thought doesn't make me sick) and I've loved the new dinner ideas too.

 
On April 21, 2009 at 9:40 PM , Java with the Johnsons said...

Yum Nutella! I wanted to make something that had andoullie sausage in it..but i can't find it here. i tried to substitute Italian Sausage but it wasn't great. i'm always looking for beans and rice recipes...cuz it's something that Asia eats well...she's not a meat eater.

 
On May 6, 2009 at 12:42 AM , Alison Palmer said...

Yum! Nutella! What do you guys eat it on? I love it on crepes... :)

 
On May 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM , Jia Le said...

We just eat it on sliced bread. It would be wonderful on crepes, or baguettes, or bananas, or brownies or pizza... okay, now I'm getting carried away... But, it's great stuff.