Sunday, May 17, 2009

I can tell that I have been smaller this pregnancy than my first one.  I have no problem with this since my son was pushing 9 pounds - half of it in his head, I think. =)  For both pregnancies, I've taken belly pictures every two weeks to document the growth.  It was time for a comparison:

Weeks 33
                                 2007                                                               2009


I laughed out loud at the difference.  Maybe the myth is true that you can tell it's a boy if you carry the baby "high" and forward and it's a girl if "low" and rounded.  (Granted, the black shirt might make the comparison a little unfair.)

Here's something fun for my pregnant friends out there - Boy or Girl: Ancient Chinese Birth Chart.  After answering their three questions, I was told that I am most likely having a girl (Not bad!); the likelihood of this - 50% chance (Ah....).  Not every result will end up in 50/50 on their charts.  Mine just happened to.  Maybe I shouldn't have bought all that pink yet?!

Comments (5)

On May 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Adrienne said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, Staci. That is quite a difference. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?
I took the Chinese test and it said we have a 67% chance of having a girl. I don't know about that. :)

 
On May 18, 2009 at 9:28 PM , Jia Le said...

Haha... all those methods to figure out the gender are funny. I was talking to a lady a couple months ago who was quite certain that hanging a string over her belly and seeing how it swung was accurate. =)

I just had another scan today to make sure I'm all set for a home birth. I asked if they could try to see the gender again, but the baby is too big and scrunched up now. We'll know for sure in about 4 weeks!!

 
On May 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM , Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

You look great! It is funny though--I thought if you carried it low it was more likely to be a boy. I haven't compared pics from last time, but I definitely *feel* like I'm carrying this one a lot lower (and three ultrasounds have said it's a boy ;) Maybe it's a second child thing?

 
On May 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM , Jia Le said...

I think you are right, Anna. When I was writing it, I couldn't figure out a way to say that I've heard boys tend to be more forward and sticking out (so you can't tell you are pregnant from the back) while girls tend to wrap around more and increase your waist-line. =)

We're praying for you guys and this pregnancy!

 
On June 4, 2009 at 2:20 AM , Alison Palmer said...

I love the pictures! Those are great! How much weight did you gain with each pregnancy? I was definitely high and forward when I was pregnant with Kai. That is so neat how different your pregnancies have been! :) I took the Chinese test when I was pregnant, and it said I was having a girl - ha ha!