Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of the biggest charity sale events here happens twice a year - May and November.  The Kwon sale has been going on for about 30 years now and sends money  to help a hospital in Uganda.  A lady at my church is one of the leaders, so we were given the option of going to help at the sale.  The bonus:  we got to shop a day early after we set up everything.  The second bonus: hanging out with a bunch of ladies and some child-free time.  (I wonder how accommodating my husband will be in November with 2 little kids to watch!!)

I had been holding off on buying things not knowing what I would be able to find at the sale for a good price.  It was fantastic.  I think I spent a little over $50 and walked away with an amazing amount of stuff.  I made a list, but it would bore you... you can click on the picture instead.  One of the big money-savers was all the cloth diaper items I bought.  Besides what is in the picture, I also bought 4 books and a puzzle hiding away for my son.


Wait!  Did you see it?!!!  I couldn't believe it when I walked into the baby equipment room and there in front of me was a Tummy Tub for ₤5 ($7.50).  I know I said I would buy one if it were $5, but I think $7.50 is manageable. ;-)  Now I will be able to give you a much more accurate review of this product in a few short weeks.

I asked the next Sunday and was told that we raised close to $3000 to send to Uganda!

Comments (4)

On May 29, 2009 at 3:21 AM , Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Awesome! What great finds. 7.50 for a tummy tub? Fantastic.

Did you use cloth on Hudson or will the little princess be your first try? I'd love to hear how it goes. I'm afraid Joshua hasn't been at all keen on the idea, but at least there's been lots of good sales lately to stock up on for William. :)

 
On May 29, 2009 at 6:39 AM , Java with the Johnsons said...

yay...i love a good used clothing/etc sale!!! and i love how the Lord so often provides something that i've been just wanting...not even needing!!!

 
On May 29, 2009 at 7:02 AM , Jia Le said...

Anna - This will be my first attempt at cloth. The hardest thing for me is not knowing if I have what I need (since I didn't buy one of those starter kits). I'm sure I have way too much of some things and not enough of others. It will be trial and error for a little while, but I hope to get into it.

Brooke - Amen! God has truly been showering us with blessings. I just got a bread maker for free yesterday off of freecycle. Crazy!

 
On June 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Adrienne said...

A tummy tub!! I'm so jealous. :)
We're using cloth diapers too, although I have the pocket diapers. I bought most of them off craigslist, so they were much cheaper.